Saturday, November 15, 2008

Example #9 - THE "FOLLOW THE RULES LIKE CATTLE" APPROACH


Reading the corpus of texts that a Google search served for the parameters

“matrix”+fringe+knowledge

I came to a stream of western metaphysical and esoteric ebooks, essays and such. By now, except one of them that seems to be written by a Hindu, “The Matrix Decoded.” them, the ebook commented here being one of them, all of these ebooks seem to be written without a religious consideration of reality. I am writing this commentary because staying passively after reading them and not doing nothing could not be a way to be for a person religiously minded as myself.

I dislike profoundly this example. Specially pertaining my “loved one” because it degrades the spiritual rules and regulations aforementioned, those pertaining the dharmic religions. You can call them anyway you like, I am talking about what PON is truly meaning in this example.

One can call them rules and regulations, they are not to be followed only in the “tonal reality”. They are scores of rules that one can find compiled by acharyas (saintly teachers) in cent prized booklets. I have not seen these fanzine-like brochures belonging to any Vedanta nor Shakta religions but I did see these booklets by vaishnava acharyas. These rules are taken directly from the revealed scriptures, what I said before, that are believed to be written, many of them although not all, by the Godhead Her/Him/It/self.

If one has a faith, the thing one will never do is questioning that faith. A person like me, who believes in it, thinks that ultimately it is true. But that all these rules and regulations can be used for the manipulation of the masses, I admit it, and I will give you an example: the dharmic view of the creation is of it passing by four ages, namely satyayuga, tretayuga, dvaparayuga and kaliyuga in the revealed scriptures of the dharmic religions there are rules for each age in particular. And since some of the revealed scriptures were written in the initial ages of the cycles, many rules for that age only may be on them. Unscrupulous persons can take advantage of this or be mislead by this. As if, goes someone with lack of knowledge and starts living by the rules of a gone age. From a point of view of plain ignorance is it good to negate the existence of rules, but please note in which way transcendental rules and regulations can be dangerous although not undesirable at all.

If you get the essence of “The Matrix Decoded” you will understand why I do not like this example. Call it pre-marriage celibacy, puritanism, 'Elvis Syndrome' or anything you like, but if I am going to marry, virtually forever, my "loved one" and dharmic rules give a transcendental explanation about why my choice of staying untouched sexually until I marry my "loved one" is correct, then you will begin to understand what I mean by thinking that dharmic rules manufactured by God Her/Him/It/self are good. The rule is to be followed because of many reasons, being the most important for the world not bringing to it undesired population.

No comments:

Post a Comment