Saturday, November 15, 2008

Example #5 - THE DEBT APPROACH

Because of examples like this one I say that I think this chapter is very much far-fetched. I will give an example and then I will explain why I think it is a biased theory.

Suppose "THEY" do not “respect your limits” anymore and "THEY" start using one's own mind, distraction and innocence as tools against oneself. If one is a jivanmukta one has a very vivid ideal of perfection. I, for instance, cannot bear it when the insidious, collective mind (of certain place that knew me when I was a jivan) continues trying to mess me up by means of my own mind and, adding darkness to my experience of reality, intends to make me err; like it did in the past.

If "THEY" succeed then I would feel cheated. Being a jivanmukta I can choose between passively enduring it, for developing spiritual qualities (useless for a jivanmukta that is supposed to already have them) or thinking of it as an offense to my liberated state; that does not deserve something like it, anyway. But then, if I am a jivanmukta that chooses the latter case, I would think 'There is no justice in their darkening of my mind for making me err, I am jivanmukta but they are sometimes able to mess me up, so they must pay me in some way the reparations for what they made me lose.' And from this feeling, that they are indebted with me, I start thinking in how to avenge myself. I would be in my own right to do so because, at first, I had the power of discerning that when I did something wrong I did it because "THEY", the mental leeches and the emotional crooks, where in my mind darkening it with mires to make me err and end up breaking something, losing something or messing up something.

Hence, my personal view on this example is that sometimes may be useful to think in terms of a “debt” that "THEY" must pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment