Monday, November 2, 2009

Giving up the inertia of resented creeps that feel violated by well-being culture

After a year in which I have neglected my hatha-yoga practices I am starting again.

In the eleven months of 2009 until now, two of these months I haven't done hatha at all, while five of these months I have practiced, but a very lower quantity of sessions of what can be called a "steady practice" (in my eyes no les than 16 sessions per month)...

This is pathetic. As reasons I think there are some:

1) I started doing hatha when I was 17 almost 18 years old, after more than a decade it ends up being quite boring.

2) I often go to a nearby gym to work out with weights.

3) Being in the west the intertia of the barbarians is the less conducive to a sadhana thing I've experimented before. I did hatha-yoga travelling, in mornings in India, penniless, when I didn't know what I will put in my stomach, when having a job in the US, after nigths of partying when I was having a hangover... an in other odd days that I probably was better off doing something else, but lately, couldn't defeat intertia...

This can't be... everyone has an edge. Some have the guts to go against the herd and fight for expressing it while others have it violated everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment