Monday, July 24, 2017

Things Can Only Get Worse

Things were always better in the good old days.

It’s a law of life on earth and of human civilization, not an idiom or a relative idelogy that is waiting to be debated/debunked.

I wonder how much of an advantage do I have knowing that the degrading of reality as time goes by is an inevitable fact and not a possibility that can be averted. Knowking that is also saddening, a heavy load.

A Few Rants on Technology

I’m sad that technology has taken over the world.

I don’t mean to ruin the happiness of those who are in love with it, but while the good sides to it are certainly evident, the ideal Earth is a low-tech, agrarian society, certainly not what it has become.

Once you have a knowledge like that, technology stops being the source of bliss it is without that knowledge.

At least that was my experience, and thinking other far-fetched things I’ve read or have been told about the Earth and its future, and having had a lifetime or two of experience with computers, technology makes me sad because how it will de-humanize others in the future, seeing how it de-humanizes people at present.

I mean, it’s very demoralizing to see how people aren’t themselves anymore, not even in public places. I’m talking about what is transpiring in public places in big cities of the world, the invasion of the streets and other public places by computers and the internet by means of smart phone computing.

You won’t see me computing or using a cell phone outside my home. That’s because I’m an educated person and

A) I don’t like to be a human antenna, that’s what they become when they go in the streets with a cellphone

B) I don’t want to suffer the health conditions that may arise due to A)

and

C) I’m not shallow enough to need to be connected to the internet 24/7/365, like the nervous smilers seem to be.

A friend and I, we have a special name for the people that lives hanging from their phone (and with their heads up their asses) we call them tele-phonies

I, personally, call them nervous smilers, because that’s what they are. They have a mental condition, I couldn’t find the article were it was explained, but it said something to the effect of their smiles not being an authentic expression of joy but more of an outlet to their nerves.

Didn’t you notice when someone is using a smartphone in a public place how they smile to it like idiots?

What I think is that using them in public should be banned, and that they should be treated pretty much like a pollutant in the order of tobacco smoke. As far as I know, there is no proof of the carcinogenic effect of electromagnetic waves, if there is info on it, it’s hard to find.

I think it’s totally wrong that urban centers are a giant pool of electromagnetic radiation due to cell phones and other technology and I’m grateful I won’t be reborn on Earth and have to take a body mutated by it.

Anti-social+reclusiveness

What I’m going to write will grant me power, prosperity and recognition. I consider myself, as a jivanmukta, the salt of the Earth, and the position comes with a great detachment for others and a love of solitude and longing for that God feeling that moksha is.

I have been a very damaged guy from childhood, someday I’ll elaborate/link to other content to explain this facet of my personality, and from late adolescence a feeling overtook me and made me a certain way for many happy and thrilling subsequent years.

Before experiencing Nirvana I transitioned from an extroverted and gregarious personality (mostly homo-socia) in puberty and my early teens to a taciturn and lonely way of being.

I had already had too many disillusions in life in my late teens and I saw myself as a peon of sin. It came to a head a day in a meeting.

It was enough for me to see one of the friends I’ve made with a modem in the mid-nineties. To see him and just to realize, to know in my heart by the way he looked and acted, that his way of being was a way sweeter way of being than the social beast I was from puberty, and which lately, I was aprehensive to embrace with the persons I was knowing.

In those years, I mixed with persons that are highly questionable at the personal, cultural and moral level. It was never clearly defined who were real friends and who weren’t.

I think that to mix with that kind of company was enough for me to lose faith in friendship and become the lone wolf I am.

I just couldn’t feel I was among friends anymore, when I was with people in my late teens and early twenties. Also, something that made me embrace was the lonely and generally reserved way of being.

This, in addition to something very annoying I thought since around puberty, when associating with persons of both sexes. Sometimes I felt that my friends weren’t at my level, and that made feel like shit, to think myself higher than my friends, and at the same time, to feel that I was wasting my time with people far inferior to me in certain aspects.

Because of my disappointing experiences with people I decided, around 1997 or so, that I was better off being a loner, except for my girlfriends.

Not long ago, like a month ago I finally could make an accurate vedic birth chart for myself (with the help of a community), and it said in it that I was by nature extroverted and social, like I was when I was a kid, not how I have been for the last twenty years. It lets me thinking…

I’m thinking on changing my way of being. It certainly is a golden era, a time to shine in that department, due to the internet demographic explosion.

A Handful of Thoughts on Religion

I was for a long time interested in the future of the Earth. I always wanted to know what will happen with the present civilization.

When I read The Bhagavad-Gita As It Is, in the year 2000, I’ve read a certain figure of years, that the age in which the Earth is will last, it was in the hundred of thousands, now, I’ve read that it was just an obfuscation of the real figure, which is in the order of a few more centuries only.

While I won’t be born again, it’s quite a load to see the people one loves, and think that the few lives left they hypotetically have available on this Earth might not be enough for them to transcend samsara.

This kind of knowledge is so useful and nice to have, it’s a pity that the road to knowledge acquisition is so fraught with dangers and so envied by those without a culture of knowledge, that it takes great determination and will.

I dare say that to commit to a schedule of knowledge cultivation and to actually fulfill it, especially if the environment is unfavorable, is as hard as it is to kick a biological habit like substance addiction, like my case with cigarettes.

I’m ashamed of how I was in the early 2000s… I felt that I couldn’t carry on with a schedule of knowledge cultivation and I fell to the congregational platform.

Even if I went to the temple with the intention of having a meeting with the deity, and didn’t care about association with devotees, I was putting myself in front of them, and my mind and soul in a regretable situation.

It took me time to accept that tantrism and vaisnavism are like water and oil, and that even though I didn’t care what vaisnavas could think of me, it was a bad influence for me, because our lifestyles are a great deal different.

A Little Musing on Anti-Education Feelings

Religion made me hate conventional education. If I show to you the chunks of wisdom that made me like that you’ll hate it too.

If one takes AC Bhaktivedanta’s Swami extreme condemnation of Occidental tertiary education seriously, like I did, one will end up hating tertiary education with a passion.

In a few words, what AC says is that universities are soul slaughterhouses and that all the trash crammed into those that study at those establishments makes them unfit for any kind of spiritual practice.

So, what would be an alternative to mainstream education for me , if it’s final that I’d never fit inside a conventional educational system?

There isn’t just one, but dozens of alternatives to the mainstream educational system, this are the ones I’ve used so far:

1) Any kind of ebooks downloaded from internet, specially P2P networks, that cut to the chase and train one in a menagerie of useful skills

2) Coursewares, that someone kindly took the time to share, findable on the web or P2P networks. Also on pay2use services like Usenet, sadly enough.

3) Internet mentors whom have a valuable educational agenda to pre-sell to their audience and/or potential customers. While not their whole acquis, some pre-sell-type free education materials are impressively worthy, I dare say some are courses above the thousands of dollars value.

4) Official distance courses, study at home but endure the pathetic state sponsored study materials, enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment