Monday, June 26, 2017

Three Weeks Off Fags



Three days ago, on Friday 24, it was three weeks since I’ve quitted cigarettes. After 24 years smoking, I couldn’t possibly have done it without the help of vapes.

It wasn’t a permutation of one habit for the other. It took me more than four years to come to terms with the double effect. The double effect is what you call your habit when you vape but still smoke analogs.

Somewhat, to vape with a cigar-sized vape pen never was satisfactory for me at 16 or 12% of nicotine and about 3.6 wattage. It only became 100% able to make me forget cigarettes when it was 18%…


That must be because every time I was going to kick the cigarettes habit, I ended up smoking more than at other times, I think because of the anxiety.

I loved cigarettes so much, that I couldn’t envision a life without them for me. But for me it was more important to liberate myself of the slavery they represented, than to continue licking what has been licked a petazillion times already.

For me the worst part was having to go to the supermarket every day to buy them. That was a bummer. But actually paying money to negatively condition one’s health, is downright stupid.

The 3.6 wattage vaping of 16% e-juice wasn’t satisfactory for me, and I couldn’t kick the analogs. I’d have bought stronger nic juices, but they weren’t available in my city or the places I went.

To have been a relatively early adopter of vaping did have its benefits, specially in the last half year when I become more acquainted with mod vaping.

Around six months ago I was in the house of a friend, and I told a friend of my friend that I vaped. He asked me what kind of vape I had. I told him I had a cigar-sized vape pen.

He reacted at once and told me that vape pens were pretty much in the past, and that if you really cared for vapping you did it with a vaporizer. 

I think he didn’t know what he was talking about, because the example of vaporizer her gave me was the Iolite, and that’s a herbs vape, not an e-juice one. It does look like a mod, but it’s actually for plant material and butane-powered. But I was almost as confused as him back then.

I tought all mods were for dripping, when that’s not exactly the case. It was that I knew drippers/RDAs before knowing sub ohm tanks. That, along my lack of interest and the poor market in my area made me take long to learn the varieties of e-juice vaping devices.

Two weeks ago I bough a mod with a tank, I smoked 6% juice for one week, and now I’m on 3%. t’s a totally different experience. I think that nothing beats a mod for someone that want to give up cigarettes.

I highly recomend them, even if not’s a mod, a vape pen, of any of the models that don’t explode, with a tobacco flavored juice at 18% nicotine will work. 

After all, the first week off I didn’t have the mod yet, but the 18% juice made me kick the analogs without any kind of discomfort, except for the first 2-3 days (extremely fatigued).

Good luck if you’re trying to quit cigarettes, and if you want to quit, take heed of my advice, it will really help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment